- Automation & Control
- Networks & Connectivity - Ethernet
- Business Operation
- Cloud Planning, Design & Implementation Services
- Software Design & Engineering Services
The customer wanted to expand their business to the enterprise segment by launching a unique smart modular lighting solution for interconnected commercial spaces (modern workplaces, data centers, educational institutions, and healthcare facilities).
They also needed a solution to lower the energy consumption of their existing IT infrastructure thereby reducing operational costs. The customer engaged with Softdel to develop a comprehensive smart lighting solution with faster connectivity, interoperability, and high energy efficiency.
American manufacturer of connectivity solutions
Customer is a leading American manufacturer of connectivity solutions offering a comprehensive range of products across the electric, thermal, lighting, and fibre optics sectors. Leveraging its powerful in-class technology expertise, the organization has been delivering engineering excellence and enhanced energy efficiency to its end-users spread across 40+ countries.
Softdel developed a comprehensive power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled intelligent lighting solution that comprised:
- Sensor integration and gateway firmware development
- A lighting control application with embedded intelligence
- Operating System (OS) independent API module development for third-party integrations, with support for load balancing
- A cloud-based (Azure) platform that provided in-depth analytics and a user-friendly dashboard
- An application for system configuration and commissioning
- Integration with Cisco EnergyWise
- A mobile application to control the smart lighting solution.
Softdel integrated the highly secure PoE standard with BACnet protocol for effortless interoperability with building management systems (BMS).
A network engine module was developed to provide the customer with better network health status.
The solution was further enhanced by adding automation controls, mode controls, and task-oriented controls, along with advanced lighting functionalities (dimming, daylight calibration, grouping of fixtures) for a more personalized experience.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.