- Processors & Edge Intelligence - Microcontrollers & Printed Circuit Boards
- Business Operation
- Hardware Design & Engineering Services
- Software Design & Engineering Services
The gateway that managed the customer’s instrumentation product line was built using PCB (Printed Circuit Boards), which were rendered obsolete in the market. The customer partnered with Softdel to breathe new life into their gateway solution, and enhance the overall offering with extensive software functionalities while upgrading the hardware environment to increase its business value and market appeal.
Customer is an established market leader in delivering innovative electronic instruments and electromechanical device solutions.
Headquartered in the US, the customer is an established market leader in delivering innovative electronic instruments and electromechanical device solutions. With 90+ years of market dominance and presence in 150+ cities across 30 countries, the company provides a wide range of cutting-edge solutions for the industrial markets, the oil and gas industry, and the medical industry.
Softdel redesigned the hardware and upgraded the PCB of the gateway with the latest hardware components, thereby reducing the BOM (Bills of Material) cost and the form factor.
The gateway application codebase was modernized to create a new platform with additional functionalities that includes:
- a web-enabled user interface supporting up to 16 devices.
- extended support for Foundation Fieldbus and Modbus TCP to ensure gateway interoperability with multiple communication protocols.
- an interfacing ability to the solution via File Transfer Protocol (FTP), telnet, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), and a webserver for enhanced two-way device communication.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.