- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - Cloud Storage Services
- Finance & Insurance
- Product Research & Development
- Campus Area Network
With approximately 20 application sites and more than 450 user sites to interconnect, this insurer wanted to continue seamless operations. More importantly, it wanted consistent policy enforcement, security, and risk management across its entire hybrid estate.
To satisfy this requirement, the cloud team deployed Private Endpoints in Azure to secure the IP without much understanding of the networking implications. Unfortunately, this made it impossible to resolve DNS (and therefore ensure connectivity) between data center resources and Azure DNS zones.
The cloud team realized they couldn’t satisfy both their security and scalability requirements using their Azure toolset alone.
Insurer’s technology leader
To find a viable solution, the cloud team put their heads together with their counterparts in networking. They also consulted the network team’s on-premises DNS, DHCP, and IP address management (together known as DDI) vendor, BlueCat. The resulting solution, which is in production today, satisfies all the insurer’s requirements and then some.
Combining the wealth of knowledge, experience, and tools from both cloud and network teams, the insurer managed to:
- Reduce global operational costs due to a consolidated management platform and automation;
- Improve its security and compliance posture through global visibility in addition to the support of private IP; and
- Shorten time to deploy services in its hundreds of Azure subscriptions.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.