- Application Infrastructure & Middleware - Data Visualization
- Functional Applications - Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) - Data Management Platforms
- Business Operation
- Supply Chain Visibility
- Software Design & Engineering Services
- System Integration
Striving to reduce cost and out-perform client expectations by embracing new technologies, Acatec chooses to overhaul its complete process from the purchase of raw material to the final delivery of the product.
To improve productivity throughout its operations, Acatec decided to implement time-saving, resource-light systems. These systems were aimed at assisting forward planning of work, gauging capacities, and managing demanding delivery schedules. The initiative included the implementation of management systems for warehouses and computerized control productions.
Headquartered in Spain, Acatec S.L. is a leading manufacturer of precision aeronautical components. The company’s innovative production process has propelled it into the vanguard of the European aeronautical manufacturing industry.
As a quality-focused enterprise, Acatec, is a high-demand, low-cost provider to renowned aerospace companies such as Airbus, EADS Casa, and Composite International SA.
The lean team at Acatec fully understood the value of consistent, reliable data in the form of metrics, such as OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness). The team assessed that Acatec needed a technology vendor that would provide a turnkey system and installation of the equipment, along with the interpretation of the data, therefore making adoption relatively simple in regards to Continuous Improvement.
From start to finish, Acatec had rapidly engaged and deployed the MERLIN system within 90 days of selection. The lean team assessed the value of the MERLIN real-time data and applied it to:
- Integrated ERP connectivity providing automated loading of schedules critical to job prioritization
- Ability to load work orders, operator lists, product standards, streamlining job validation
- Began creating a value stream process to enhance efficiency
- Timely movement of inventory through the plant prevents a lack of material for machines
- Visibility of production metrics for general awareness, reaction, and efficiency from all staff
- Advanced reporting with text and email alerts to key management
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.