- Oil & Gas
- Business Operation
Challenges as follows:
- Struggled to determine: which tax (CGST/SGST/IGST) and how much tax was applicable on goods for import & export; tax based on Point of Supply (POS) mapping; certain businesses that are exempted under GST law
- Faced issues of duplication of invoices
- Identified risks related to the unavailability of the mandatory data as per GSTN format
About The Customer
An oil and gas giant with capabilities of exploration & production and other oil retail services. Also, they are one of the global investors controlling assets across oil, gas, metal, mining, and infrastructure services
- Implemented a tailored GST-compliant SAP-integrated solution
- Enabled multiple access via Cygnet portal, mobile app, enriched and pass through APIs and on-premise module
- Enabled faster processing and distribution of invoices
- Simplified accurate reconciliation of GSTR-2A and purchase register
- Facilitated secured validation process while importing data & filing
- Created dashboards for better insights on pending returns, current month filing progress & more
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.
Related Case Studies.
Taking Oil and Gas Exploration to the Next Level
DownUnder GeoSolutions (DUG) wanted to increase computing performance by 5 to 10 times to improve seismic processing. The solution must build on current architecture software investments without sacrificing existing software and scale computing without scaling IT infrastructure costs.
Remote Wellhead Monitoring
Each wellhead was equipped with various sensors and meters that needed to be monitored and controlled from a central HMI, often miles away from the assets in the field. Redundant solar and wind generators were installed at each wellhead to support the electrical needs of the pumpstations, temperature meters, cameras, and cellular modules. In addition to asset management and remote control capabilities, data logging for remote surveillance and alarm notifications was a key demand from the customer. Terra Ferma’s solution needed to be power efficient, reliable, and capable of supporting high-bandwidth data-feeds. They needed a multi-link cellular connection to a central server that sustained reliable and redundant monitoring and control of flow meters, temperature sensors, power supply, and event-logging; including video and image files. This open-standard network needed to interface with the existing SCADA and proprietary network management software.
Refinery Saves Over $700,000 with Smart Wireless
One of the largest petroleum refineries in the world is equipped to refine various types of crude oil and manufacture various grades of fuel from motor gasoline to Aviation Turbine Fuel. Due to wear and tear, eight hydrogen valves in each refinery were leaking, and each cost $1800 per ton of hydrogen vented. The plant also had leakage on nearly 30 flare control hydrocarbon valves. The refinery wanted a continuous, online monitoring system that could catch leaks early, minimize hydrogen and hydrocarbon production losses, and improve safety for maintenance.