- Analytics & Modeling - Computer Vision Software
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Computer Vision
- System Integration
There are many challenges to address when designing applications that can improve performance, flow, and quality. These challenges involve rotors and the process of installing tires:
- Over 60 different edges are used for different types of surfaces (dark, matte, glossy), which makes 2D camera systems difficult to capture due to the influence of lighting solutions on different types of surfaces.
- The bolts are pre-installed on every router. Each bolt cap has a small surface area, which means a 3D, high-resolution vision system is necessary to accurately locate the point cloud for each bolt cap.
- During installation, the rotor has random rotation, which means that the bolts are in different positions for each installation, and a solution is needed that will identify the bolt positions.
- The solution also needed to be capable of 3D matching or large point clouds, as the rotor could rotate 15 degrees in both directions along with the vehicle.
- In addition to these technical factors, the part is heavy and has a limited cycle time of only 3.5 seconds for full point cloud grabbing and processing.
The solution implemented by Visio NERF uses a high-resolution blue light 3D camera. 3D sensors combined into a blue 3D Vision Robot to guide the solution software. Two FANUC robots with seven-axis linear slides are used in robotics. Using this system, point clouds of wheels and rotors are matched to the corresponding CAD models with remarkable accuracy.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.