Over the years, the healthcare company’s IT infrastructure became dated and was set to expire. Leadership made the strategic decision to move all on-premise systems to the cloud to:
- Manage costs. The business wanted to avoid the capital expense of new IT hardware.
- Support global production environments. General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) require strict control of customer data by region. The new Google Cloud environment would maintain compliance.
- Stay current with technology. The cloud platform offers the company added flexibility and options when choosing new applications and services.
Canadian Clinical Data Company
The company engaged Pythian as a trusted partner to develop and execute a comprehensive migration strategy. The process included:
- Inventorying all services and hardware. Pythian developed a detailed map of every system and machine in each data center as the company moved everything to the cloud platform.
- Identifying dependent services. To determine which applications and services needed to move to the cloud simultaneously or in a specific order, Pythian’s experts assessed the co-dependencies of each system.
- Determining migration waves. Once everything was mapped out, the Pythian team identified several dozen waves to perform to complete the project.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.