- Functional Applications - Remote Monitoring & Control Systems
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Sensors - Airflow Sensors
- Sensors - Humidity Sensors
- Sensors - Pressure Sensors
- Sensors - Temperature Sensors
- Healthcare & Hospitals
- Facility Management
- Building Automation & Control
• Upgrade the HVAC systems in operating rooms and intensive care unit • Use an open system that would integrate legacy and future systems without complex gateways
When the hospital wanted to improve the environmental controls for its operating rooms and intensive care unit (ICU), the administrators worked with integrators HGI Heger Gebäudeautomation Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH and ABB Gebäudetechnik AG to implement a control networking system from Echelon Corp built on LonWorks® technology. A new HVAC system, with devices integrating Echelon's LonWorks-compliant ICs, integrates multi-vendor products and legacy systems. LonWorks-based devices and sensors monitor and control room temperature, air pressure, and humidity to the stringent requirements necessary for patient health. Alarms, provided by the Echelon SmartServer, help ensure that conditions in Ibbenbüren Hospital’s operating rooms and ICU are safe and optimal for patients.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.