- Sensors - Environmental Sensors
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Facility Management
- Building Energy Management
- Energy Management System
Due to a large number of facilities, wide area, and high consumption of electricity, water, and heating, BTC’s energy needs are comparable to those of urban centers.
In a bid to reduce energy consumption and costs as well as subsequent CO2 emissions, BTC sought to implement energy management (EM) system for its multi-purpose facilities, such as those used by Smart Cities, and in line with the ISO 50001 standard, aimed at supporting organizations to conserve resources and tackle climate change.
BTC turned to Solvera Lynx, the region’s leading provider of comprehensive energy management solutions, to help devise its own system to monitor and reduce energy consumption.
BTC City Ljubljana
BTC City Ljubljana is one of the largest business, shopping, entertainment, recreation, and cultural centers in Europe, located just three kilometers from Ljubljana city center and 200m from the Ljubljana ring road. It is considered a must-visit destination by city residents and tourists.
Applying Smart City Energy Management Tools
- Solvera Lynx set several objectives for implementing their Smart City EM solutions:
- To gain remote control over energy consumption
- To implement an alarm system
- To define and analyze key energy efficiency indicators in real time
- To introduce an energy accounting system with a clear, transparent view of energy use
- To provide a tool for employees to carry out relevant and efficient energy management activities
To achieve these objectives for BTC, Solvera Lynx had four types of communication equipment in mind: GsmBox.WG, ComBox.M, ComBox.L and GsmBox.X4. These wireless, long-range sensors utilize LoRaWAN technology to send data to GemaLogic, an advanced energy management software platform.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.