ZigBee is the only open, global wireless standard to provide the foundation for the Internet of Things by enabling simple and smart objects to work together, improving comfort and efficiency in everyday life.
The ZigBee Alliance is an open, non-profit association of approximately 450 members driving development of innovative, reliable and easy-to-use ZigBee standards. The Alliance promotes worldwide adoption of ZigBee as the leading wirelessly networked, sensing and control standard for use in consumer, commercial and industrial areas.
Leveraging our global perspective, we work together to develop standards that ultimately deliver greater freedom and flexibility for a smarter, more sustainable world. As a result of this focus, the ZigBee Alliance:
- Provides green, low-power and open global wireless networking standards focused on monitoring, control and sensor applications.
- Allows products to run on harvested energy or batteries for years with its low-power wireless standards, making greener lifestyles possible.
- Uniquely connects dramatically different types of devices into a single network, giving you unprecedented control.
- Offers standards with a variety of intelligent features designed to ensure devices communicate in any environment, and around the world.
- Ensures that quality ZigBee products are available for product manufacturers and their customers through the ZigBee Certified program.
Our members come from organizations of all types from around the world. Our members include multi-nationals, well known public companies, governmental regulatory groups, universities and entrepreneurial start-ups. In Japan and China, our members even created groups focused on developing greater understanding and adoption of ZigBee across those countries’ powerful technology industries. We also have regional member groups for Europe and Australia, allowing members in those areas to collaborate and promote ZigBee standards adoption.
Chairman of the Board, John E. Osborne II, General Manager of Research & Development, The Kroger Co. Sunrise R&D Holdings, LLC
Vice Chairman of the Board, Jean-Pierre Desbenoit, ICT Standardization and Industry Relations Director, Schneider Electric
Vice Chairman of the Board, Hans Dollee, Senior Director, Technology Partnerships, NXP Semiconductors
Vice Chairman of the Board, Musa Unmehopa, Director, Intellectual Property and Standards, Philips
Vice Chairman of the Board, Bruno Vulcano, Electronic & Software Radio – VDI Department Manager, Legrand Group
ZigBee Alliance President and CEO, Tobin J.M. Richardson
Download PDF Version