The purpose of oneM2M is to develop technical specifications which address the need for a common M2M Service Layer that can be readily embedded within various hardware and software, and relied upon to connect the myriad of devices in the field with M2M application servers worldwide.
oneM2M's architecture and standards for M2M communications are designed to be applied in many different industries, and take account of input and requirements from any sector.
The purpose and goal of oneM2M is to develop technical specifications which address the need for a common M2M Service Layer that can be readily embedded within various hardware and software, and relied upon to connect the myriad of devices in the field with M2M application servers worldwide.
A critical objective of oneM2M is to attract and actively involve organizations from M2M-related business domains such as: telematics and intelligent transportation, healthcare, utilities, industrial automation, smart homes, etc. Initially, oneM2M shall prepare, approve and maintain the necessary set of Technical Specifications and Technical Reports for:
- Use cases and requirements for a common set of Service Layer capabilities;
- Service Layer aspects with high level and detailed service architecture, in light of an access independent view of end-to-end services;
- Protocols/APIs/standard objects based on this architecture (open interfaces & protocols);
- Security and privacy aspects (authentication, encryption, integrity verification);
- Reachability and discovery of applications;
- Interoperability, including test and conformance specifications;
- Collection of data for charging records (to be used for billing and statistical purposes);
- Identification and naming of devices and applications;
- Information models and data management (including store and subscribe/notify functionality);
- Management aspects (including remote management of entities); and
- Common use cases, terminal/module aspects, including Service Layer interfaces/APIs
Next Generation M2M Consortium
Construction & Buildings
Equipment & Machinery
Download PDF Version