ERTICO - ITS Europe is a partnership of around 100 companies and institutions involved in the production of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Together, ERTICO Partners conduct a range of activities to develop and deploy ITS to save lives, protect the environment and sustain mobility in the most cost-effective way.
ERTICO – ITS Europe was founded in 1991 as a platform for the cooperation of all relevant stakeholders to develop and deploy ITS in Europe. The ERTICO Partnership is a public/private Partnership consisting of over a hundred Partners across 8 different sectors, all working towards bringing intelligence into mobility of people and goods in Europe.
Specifically, ERTICO provides:
- Tailor made co-funded project opportunities with a high success rate to advance ITS according to priorities
- Cooperation work with membership platforms bridging the gap between projects and deployment achieving long-term commitment and maintenance of services
- Interoperability testing to support deployment of interoperable ITS solutions
- Events for knowledge sharing, networking and visibility of stakeholders and promotion of ITS
- Advocacy to raise awareness and discuss ITS issues with all relevant stakeholders
In order to reach societal/political goals, strengthening the competitiveness of the industry and optimising services for the user, the Partnership aims to marry the interests of public and private stakeholders.
North Denmark Region
Austria: Federal Ministry for Transport
Transport for London
Download PDF Version