- Application Infrastructure & Middleware - Data Visualization
- Functional Applications - Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)
- Business Operation
- Software Design & Engineering Services
Today’s buildings are comprised of sophisticated systems to control everything from heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) to security and fire protection. And just as every building is different, so are the systems (hardware, controls, and software) that orchestrate these functions. This led Siemens Building Technologies to search for standardized licensing technology which would enable them to monetize all software and improve the licensing and order process as well as the customer experience.
Following are the challenges:
- Create new revenue streams
- Better visibility and reporting
- Standardize licensing technology
Siemens Building Technologies Division
Siemens Building Technologies Division (Zug, Switzerland) is the world leader in the market for safe and secure, energy-efficient, and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. They have offerings for safety and security as well as building automation, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), and energy management. For Siemens, the challenges are to make software a more integral part of the business.
Siemens Building Technologies Divisions’ License Management System provides complete integration between Revenera’s FlexNet Operations backoffice entitlement management system and their instances of ERP and their BI system. The License Management System provides the following key benefits to Siemens Building Technologies Division:
- Assurance that all software is protected and monetized with standard licensing technology
- Improved and automated operating and ordering processes— previously they had to ship hardware dongles to customers, now they simply provide a license key which simplifies the ordering process and eliminates manual processes
- Ability to adopt new business and licensing models when selling software and services to customers
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.