The client had implemented Oracle Retail Applications for business activities such as merchandising, planning, stores, and warehouse management. Financial requirements were taken care of by EBS. The solutions were deployed on cloud services such as Oracle Linux, IBM, and AWS cloud.
The challenges are s follows:
- Lack of high availability for applications and databases, which affected the operational performance
- Difficulty to scale and handle traffic spikes and loads
- Need to complete migration before the expiration of on-premises licenses
- Lack of robust security with on-premises infrastructure
- Ineffective management of cost and resources
- Upgradation of OS, database, and server versions along with migration
Metro Retail Stores Group
Metro Retail Stores Group is a leading operator of department stores and hypermarkets in the Visayas region, in the Philippines. According to retail sales value, it is the second largest supermarket operator. It is expanding consistently and now its business includes multiple store formats ranging from department stores and supermarkets to hypermarkets.
The solution helped the client to:
- Deployed Oracle Retail Applications and Oracle E-business Suite on AWS
- Non-Oracle applications were migrated to the AWS cloud as well
- Subjected the system to multiple test scenarios including SIT, UAT, and dry-run environments
- Implemented ASM file system on AWS
- Cross migration of nine databases from AIX to LINUX-XTTS
- Lift and shift approach for WINDOWS to LINUX shift
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.