A technology leader with a 130-year-old history of working with manufacturing, utilities, infrastructure, and transportation, our client is driving the transformation of industries towards a more sustainable future and focuses on delivering new services and solutions that match their customers’ needs.
They needed an experienced and committed technology partner to support them with the migration and modernization of their dated solutions in order to enable new products, services, revenue streams, and scalability to deliver more value to their customers. Their solutions critically lacked scalability and proper performance leading to poor business productivity and user experiences.
Among the technical challenges, the client faced the need to modernize their:
- legacy IT landscape that was composed of classic network drives and a Lotus Note-based email.
- complex multi-farm scenario, including SharePoint Online and on-premise.
A Global Technology Company
A global technology company with a local presence in over 100 countries that provides integrated solutions across Electrification, Process Automation, Motion, Robotics & Discrete Automation business areas that energize the transformation of society and industries towards a more productive and sustainable future.
The Avenga team was involved in the development of a new SharePoint-enabled system, as well as infrastructure migration and support. The solution delivery included:
- Development of tailored migration scripts so as to move content from legacy systems to SharePoint with proper tooling.
- Design & implementation of customs policies based on content governance best practices in order to keep the optimal performance, searchability, and security.
- Implementation of federated and hybrid scenarios that allow them to mix on-premise legacy SharePoint farms and SharePoint online, as a Content Services platform.
- Implementation of custom authentication providers that allow the integration of the SharePoint environments with ADFS, supporting the NTLM authentication scenarios.
- Custom provisioning service, which is a customized workflow for the self-service creation of new sites and groups.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.