- Functional Applications - Remote Monitoring & Control Systems
- Networks & Connectivity - Network Management & Analysis Software
- Business Operation
- Remote Control
- Software Design & Engineering Services
The legacy system lacked the automation, scalability, and flexibility the ISP’s clients required. For instance, the ISP team had to manually group resources such as servers, routers, switches, load balancers, and firewalls to create network maps. It took so long that the maps were usually outdated by the time they were completed.
The IT services provider focused on several big problems it needed to fix, among them:
- Outdated network monitoring: Its legacy network monitoring system, initially deployed in 2002, could not deliver the dynamic monitoring and management capabilities the client now required.
- Lengthening MTTR times: Without granular, real-time network visibility, the network operations team was troubleshooting problems by manually piecing together items such as log files. Fixes that should have taken minutes were taking hours.
- Costly SLA violations: The ISP incurred significant financial penalties any time it missed a service level commitment for the government agency customer, and they were beginning to add up.
- Staff morale problems: The legacy system was causing frustration among the ISP’s network ops team. Being thrown repeatedly into high-pressure situations and trying to fix problems while essentially half blindfolded was taking its toll.
U.S.-based provider of outsourced IT infrastructure and support services
A $5B U.S.-based provider of outsourced IT infrastructure and support services with a strong focus on the health and life sciences sector. Its customers include several large federal government agencies, as well as health insurance and healthcare service providers.
The SevOne platform has delivered the following benefits for the IT service provider:
- Greater situational awareness – With comprehensive, real-time network visibility, the ISP ensures its clients can instantly see what’s happening anywhere on the network. Automated and dynamic network mapping means the operations team always has up-to-date network information.
- Faster, more effective issue resolution – With easy drill-downs on any network element, and numerous ways to check the performance of network devices and segments, the ISP has been able to decrease MTTR time by more than 75 percent.
- Increased operational transparency – In addition to equipping its team members with better tools for their specific jobs, the ISP can now quickly produce and deliver easy-to-understand reports and dashboards to its customers.
- Leveraging wire data for other uses – The ISP is leveraging the unique wire data gathered by SevOne to feed other applications and processes, such as information security and business analytics.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.