- Application Infrastructure & Middleware
- Railway & Metro
- Public Transportation Management
- Data Science Services
During the entire Delhi Metro app development process, i.e., from conceptualization to realization and in between, we came across and overpowered many challenges:
- Accuracy. Providing accurate information for the metro app was of high importance
- GPS Services. To equip the app with upscale functionality and enable them to find the nearest metro, renowned locations etc.; so implementing GPS was inevitable.
- Interactive map. Creation of interactive map as per the exact geographical locations, as most travelers using the app, knew the lines.
- Maximum information. The sole motive behind Delhi Metro app was to furnish maximum information with minimum input.
Delhi NCR Metro
The Delhi Metro is a mass rapid transit (MRT) system serving Delhi and its satellite cities of Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Bahadurgarh and Ballabhgarh, in the National Capital Region of India. The network consists of 10 colour-coded lines serving 255 stations with a total length of 348.12 kilometres (216.31 mi). It is by far the largest and busiest metro rail system in India, and the second oldest after the Kolkata Metro. The system has a mix of underground, at-grade, and elevated stations using both broad-gauge and standard-gauge. Delhi Metro operates over 2,700 trips daily, starting at around 05:00 and ending at 23:30
To come up with the accomplished app, we devised fool proof strategy, whose major components included:
- Brainstorming sessions. Using agile methodologies our team interacted persistently at each phase of the design and development to decide the strategy for future moves regarding the app’s development progress.
- Latest technology in use. Concerning the burgeoning number of mobile users, we cared to introduce the app to all the major mobile platforms such as Android and iOS.
- Top UX/UI. The aim was a simple design. We ensured that the app remains as user interactive as possible on all the available platforms while using design practices of every technology, e.g. Auto Layout for iPhone and Material Design for Android.
- Manage upgrades. To furnish maximum and updated information on Delhi Metro, we contemplated updating the app on a regular basis so that users could gain access to it while offline.
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.