- Analytics & Modeling - Big Data Analytics
- Application Infrastructure & Middleware - Data Visualization
- Oil & Gas
- Business Operation
- Immersive Analytics
- Cloud Planning, Design & Implementation Services
- Software Design & Engineering Services
Seeks to improve operational decision-making, safety management and sustainability.
A key element in these initiatives is asset maintenance, representing approximately 25% of Cameco’s overall operating costs at its mining operations. Improving asset management began with automating data collection.
Cameco had struggled to analyze multiple regular condition monitoring data from assets in the past. As a result, the company found it hard to understand what went wrong in the event of asset failure.
Cameco is a Canadian energy firm that started its digital transformation in earnest in 2019. Its longest-running initiatives are in operations management.
Senseye PdM, using data collected by existing sensors, now gives Cameco a continuous stream of information on the condition and predicted future condition of its machines.
Using the technique of multivariate analysis, Cameco is poised to make better operational decisions across the business:
- Better data collection means a clearer understanding of what went wrong and stronger insight to avoid repeated issues in the future
- Importantly, it gives a clearer understanding of where and what you should be monitoring to find the best insights on asset health
- Continuous data analysis reveals which forms of condition data are relevant for measuring asset health – and how the relationship between data points can show an upcoming fault
Case Study missing?
Start adding your own!
Register with your work email and create a new case study profile for your business.